Katie is a certified personal trainer with experience in a variety of physical fitness training modalities. A former high school and college track and cross country runner, she became focused on training for extreme endurance events after college, competing in road and trail marathons and ultra marathons around the U.S. and hiking some of the country's tallest peaks. More than a decade of traditional high-mileage training started to take a toll on her body, and Katie realized there was a better way to build fitness and stay healthy.
In 2012, she hung up her high-mileage running shoes and began a fresh approach to training, qualifying for and competing in the 2013 Boston Marathon on a non-traditional training program that combined functional strength exercises and high-intensity athletic conditioning. She got stronger, felt better, gained lean body mass, and improved her body composition – achievements unattainable with traditional endurance training! This epiphany reinvigorated Katie’s passion for working out, and she realized that she had to share these training methods with others… and RoveFit personal training was born.
- ACTION Certified Personal Trainer (NCCA Accredited Program)
- National Association of Speed and Explosion (NASE) Certified Speed Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Corrective Exercise Specialist
(in progress; expected December, ’18)
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Powerlifting Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Endurance Certified Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR/AED Certified
- Bachelor of Science from Georgia Tech
- Division I collegiate Cross Country and Track and Field (Varsity letter winner)
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- Competed 7 full marathons and multiple ultramarathons up to 100K distance